Useful Forms and Links:
Employment issues, Contracts, Maternity Leave, Study Leave, Sick Leave, Expense Claims, indemnity, DBS checks etc:
For Information and guidance regarding all employment issues, payments or reimbursements to trainees including indemnity, expenses, study leave, travel etc. refer to the single lead employer documents and website
The VTS and Deanery teams are responsible for the educational aspects of your training but are not involved in your employment. For queries regarding anything to do with your contracts or pay you will need to contact the single lead employer
Study Leave Process:
When in a GP placement complete the “request for funding” form (See below) and send that back to Vicki Wynn at Deanery ( Vicky.Wynn@hee.nhs.uk ) once it has been signed by your ES and PD. If they in a hospital placement then continue to request through the Trust.
Study leave requests do not get sent to the Lead Employer. The Lead Employer will receive a spreadsheet from HEE giving details of all approved study leave requests whilst in hospital posts and they will then reimburse the trainee via their payroll. If in a GP placement then they continue to send their claim to us and they will be paid directly from us as they are now.
Returning from Maternity Leave / Absence
- Inter-Deanery Transfers guidance
- Intra-deanery transfer request form
- Guidance on Intra-Deanery Transfers
Less Than Full Time Training
- LTFT KSS useful information
- LTFT Deanery information
- LTFT Deanery contact – Mairi Hills ( Mairi.Hills@hee.nhs.uk )
Out of Hours
- Reading and Newbury VTS OOH Record Sheet
- Contact email for booking shifts with South Central Ambulance Service: Scheduling.Department@scas.nhs.uk
- Guidance on out of hours work for GP trainees https://heeoe.hee.nhs.uk/gp_out_of_hours
- Contact email for organising Oxfordshire out of hours- Karen Haycroft: email@example.com , or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact email for booking Westcall out of hours shifts (Berkshire): email@example.com
Deanery information on applying for out of programme experience
Link to RCGP Guidance on e-portfolio and Work Place Based Assessment
Link to Login page for the e-portfolio
Induction and Refresher Scheme
National performers list:
Information related to appraisal post CCT:
- When training is complete please ensure that the status on the performers list is changed. The Form NPL3 needs to be completed https://www.england.nhs.uk/publication/npl-3-national-performers-lists-change-notification-form/ and returned to the email address on the form. Once this is done each local team is aware of the GP and they will be offered an appraisal within the first year of practice. At present GPs are contacting the office about their appraisal having not been allocated, we are happy to help once we are aware of them on our local list in South Central.
- PDP at end of training. It is becoming more common for GPs at their first appraisal to deny all knowledge of a PDP. In fact they would have agreed one for their first year in practice at their final review with their trainer. Appraisal is a useful opportunity to review how those plans have gone and to agree development goals for future practice. A focus in the final review of looking forward to the demands of independent practice and what learning may be needed for this will help here.
- Thames Valley are compiling local advice to add to our own page on the NHS England website; while this is in preparation doctors in the final phase of training should read the RCGP guidance on how to prepare for appraisal and the NHSE Medical Appraisal Guidance.
Thames Valley Appraisal team contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- RCGP Website
- GP Curriculum
- Oxford Deanery
- Bradford VTS
- Royal Berkshire Hospital
- Oxford Deanery Removals Policy Jan 2013 (2) – If you think you are eligible, you need to apply for reimbursement to Asha Ellerton at UHB, Finance Department, UHB NHS Foundation Trust, PO Box 16967, 14-17 George Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham B16 6TT – 0121 371 7477 – email@example.com
- Useful contacts for trainers and trainees
- A Resource for AKT and CSA preparation – https://www.fourteenfish.com